The ECA unit provides the solution for problems regarding diseases in the irrigation system.
The ECA unit produces a disinfectant which is added to the irrigation water or drain water. ECA water rapidly kills off most viruses, bacteria and fungi and other organic contamination. Injection of the ECA water to the dripping system allows for healthier roots and a lower disease rate. It also prolongs the lifetime of the dripping hoses by removing deposits preventing problems like clogging.
ECA water is also very effective in the post-harvesting process of the vegetable, fruit and flower cultivation. In recent years, the use of ECA water has proven itself in the agriculture and horticulture. The results show a healthier crop, optimum production and a reduction in maintenance costs. The ECA unit is environmentally friendly and completely free of chemicals which makes it very suitable for organic farming as well. ECA unit is developed for irrigation systems with drain recirculation and for systems that use pond water or rain water for irrigation. The disinfectant is created by electrolysis of tap water in combination with potassium chloride.
• Removal of biofilms from drip and irrigation systems.
• Control preventive/curative of bacteria, fungi and viruses, root and fungal diseases.
• Improvement/disinfection of water quality in water recycling systems.
• Post harvest treatment for cut flowers.
• Disinfection of storage facilities.
• Disinfection/drenching/washing of fruits and vegetables.
• Biological crop protection agent (alternative to chemicals).
Operating principles of ECA technology
Through ECA technology, a simple brine solution can be transformed into a potent mix of disinfecting and oxidizing molecules, ions and radicals. Inputs for the production of ECA water are tap water and Potassium Chloride (KCl foodgrade)
See fig. 1: Graphic overview. The tap water is softened prior to dissolving the salt up to saturation level. The brine solution is then passed through an electrolysis cell with membrane. The membrane separates the ions, produced at either the Anode (anolyte) and Cathode (Catholyte), and prevents them from reacting with each other to form a simple Hypochlorite solution. Because Anolyte and Catholyte cannot react, an unstable chemical state is created on both sides of the membrane. This unstable state allows anomalous and complex chemical reactions to take place . The result of these reactions is a meta-stable solutions of very reactive molecules, ions and radicals.
ECA unit models:
• ECA-050 50 ltr/hour ECA water for 25 to 50 m3/hour irrigation water
• ECA-100 100 ltr/hour ECA water for 50 to 100 m3/hour irrigation water
• ECA-200 200 ltr/hour ECA water for 100 to 200 m3/hour irrigation water
• ECA-400 400 ltr/hour ECA water for 200 to 400 m3/hour irrigation water
The ECA unit is a compact and user friendly machine. The heart of the machine consists of one or more electrolysis cells. The ECA unit is completely adjustable to the specific needs of the individual grower, thanks to the complete engineering of hardware and software. The ECA unit is also very suitable for export because of its independence of water pressure and its low maintenance components.